  From: Jordon Steele
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Friday, February 05, 2010 4:51 PM
  Subject: Re: Long finding aids

  Jennifer,

  I did this.  Basically I intellectually represented them by using a call number classification system that implies parent-child relationships.  For example:

  Restatements of the Law: ALI.01

  First Restatement: ALI.01.001

  Second Restatment: ALI.01.002

  Third Restatment: ALI.01.003

  And so forth.

  Then, in the main restatements of the law finding aid, I link out to the children finding aids.  Since a finding aid's top level can be any level of description, the top level in these finding aids is "series."

  Contact me off-list if you have any questions.  Hope that helps!

  Best,

  Jordon

  Jordon Steele

  Archivist