On 01/03/2010, Richard L. Hess wrote:

> I think you can find many image processing tools in GIMP which is a
> free Photoshop "competitor" and it fits your budget better. Since I
> had a license to Photoshop long before GIMP was around--or at least
> long before I was aware of it--I have never looked at it. I have also
> not updated to PhotoSHop CS4 as I haven't found anything I want to do
> (other than play) that CS3 doesn't do for me.

CS4 has one extremely useful new feature: the crop function now allows you
to correct perspective by dragging each corner of the crop individually.

This is ideal for straightening out slightly tilted shots, especially
hand-held photos of artwork or buildings.

Many simple paint operations are still missing, but as an image
processing program Photoshop is unsurpassed. GIMP is really
not good enough, IMO.

Regards
--
Don Cox