Hello, list.  I'm posting this query on behalf of a colleague on another
listserv.  Since he is not on this list, please also respond to him
directly.

First query:

I have a wild sound audio recording from a 1971 public event in Idaho
> Falls that includes a patriotic song sung by a local choir. I would
> like clear rights to it to use in a film production, but have no
> information about the song other than the recording itself. Internet
> searches of the lyrics have been fruitless and queries to ASCAP and
> BMI haven't yielded anything, since I don't know the title or
> songwriter. Is there some way I can identify the song and its owner
> based on its lyrics?
>

> Dwight Swanson
> Center for Home Movies
>
> P.S.
> I posted an mp3 of the song at http://tinyurl.com/yjtez9j

Follow up query with more info:

I found a local newspaper article and the chorus is the New Freedom

--
Timothy Wisniewski, M.L.I.S.

Visual Materials Archivist
Alan Mason Chesney Medical Archives