The Israeli Philharmonic has given me the original acetate of the
playing of the HATIKVA that was cut during the declaration of
independence. They have made a copy of it in the past so the audio is
safe (I have the cd but haven't played it yet). The acetate is in very
bad shape, flaking and falling off the base like dandruff. They asked me
to put all the pieces back together and mount the record for display,
although they want it in playable form. The sad part is that it is
beyond hope. I have managed to rescue records in the past but this one
was cut I think on pyral. The acetate has turned yellow and even the
parts that are still on the base will probably just fly off when I put a
stylus on them. I think that the best thing to do is consider the
recording lost (after I check the cd) and then proceed to put as many
pieces as I can together and mount the record on velvet background in a
nice picture frame with uv resistant glass. I am trying to find a way or
a product  that I can spray on the recording to make sure it will not
move anymore. I will post pictures of this Sunday. Any thoughts will be
welcomed.
Shai