Steven Smolian wrote:
> Why show them all?  Isn't the first one or two enough to make your point?
> Steve Smolian

Why play more than one or two recordings to analyze a composer or a
performer or the history of music?  Why not show just one or two
Steinweiss covers instead of publishing a $500.00 book?  Actually when
you look at the Decca covers in order you can see the evolution of
several different styles in a way that has not been possible since the
albums were in the stores.  Considering that these albums were being
issued month after month after month for almost three years, and coupled
with the covers I will show that had also been issued by a dozen other
labels during that time and before, it becomes evident that the memories
of those who "were there" and any "research" that had been done for
these books has been quite deficient.  They specifically state that
Victor and Decca found it necessary to follow Columbia's lead in 1940
when it is evident that it was the other way around  And they won't be
able to accuse me of being "selective".

Mike Biel  [log in to unmask]