The LS-10 developed a quirk...it would not turn off. If I turned it off
manually, it might be on again later. Also some other quirks IIRC, I
sent it to Olympus who repaired it, replaced a part, very quickly. This
is one reason I chose Olympus in that I have known someone else who had
an Olympus recorder and got very fast service when it needed repairs.

The SD card does not slide in real smoothly, but that is minor IMO.

I had asked Olympus about this when I ent the unit in, no reply on this
issue.

Another thing - altho the LS-10 is said to support cards up to 16GB, my
experience has been to not exceed 8GB, which is still alot. I had the
latest firmware update. It does 24/96, but the file size limit is 2GB at
24/96 (about an hour?) (not with MP3, WMA - I rarely use these formats.
Mostly I do 16/44.1). So when the file hits 1.99GB it's over. That is so
Windows 98.

I am not familiar with the LS-20.

Also consider if balanced lines are desired. Many audio recorders do not
have this. I am not remembering now if the LS-10 has balanced or not,
but it does not have XLRs. Really small units, short pocket size, don't
have room. Larger ones may have XLR, I think a Marantz model does/did?

It is good to DL a manual before buying, if available.

joe salerno