I had just spent an hour and a half with Dave on Monday, three days
--hard to fathom-- before his passing. He was his usal warm,
welcoming, and funny self --always ready to call things by their
names, while managing to show great care. And of course, he was very
excited about the show at Radio City Music Hall that night, featuring
some members of the Grateful Dead.

The NY Chapter of ARSC was Dave's idea. He was more than involved with
it, helping secure everything from locations to projectors, and
recording every chapter meeting.

I can also say that Dave was one of the most generous people I have known.

My last image of him seems fitting. It was a rainy day, and he was
standing on the majestic steps of the 92nd Street Y, lighting a
cigarrette under his black cowboy hat. He waved goodbye, a cigarrette
in his hand, looking very much like a New York fixture. Alas.

We will miss you Dave. And thank you.

--
Marcos Sueiro Bal
Audio Engineer