Dear All,

I hope you'll pardon a sudden query from a longtime lurker on this list.
I've been doing some research on the later career of the Trinidadian
calypsonian "Lord Caresser" (Rufus Callender, 1910-1976), who recorded
mainly for Decca (and a bit for Bluebird) in the 1930s and 40s.  In a self-
published promotional booklet, he makes reference to an early 1950s trip to
Europe on which he supposedly recorded for the Swedish jazz label "Sonora."
Has anyone ever come across these sides--or would anyone know of a
discography of this label?  My preliminary searches of the web have not been
terribly productive.

Many thanks,

Michael Eldridge
Professor, Department of English
168 Founders Hall
Humboldt State University
Arcata CA 95521
707.826.5906 (ph)
707.826.5939 (fx)

users.humboldt.edu/mseldridge

"Sir, I have found you an argument, but I am not obliged to find you an
understanding."  --Samuel Johnson