Hi all,
I want to export metadata from wave audio files into our database application to enable access to cuts residing anywhere in the audiofile. Ideally, Iíd like to see a text file comprising start time and end time for the cut, expressed in the format hh.mm.ss.ms, and some identifier for the cut, possibly just a number.

Iíve tried to reach this goal in Bias Peak, by defining regions, creating a playlist of regions and exporting the playlist as a report. The problem is that the playlist stacks the regions, one after another, and donít care if Iíve left portions of the audio file outside of regions, which I do if they contain i.e. silence or noise. So the total time of the playlist events is shorter than the file length, and a cut is given an earlier starting time than when the region was created. In essence, the playlist event does not retain its proper starting time. An extreme example would be if I created a region towards the end of the file, say at time 00:12:20:000 in a 15 minute file. In the playlist this region will start at time 00:00:00.000, and when using this data, playback will start from the beginning of the file instead of where the cut is defined. Granted the playlist is meant for creating CD's (I guess that's way it expresses fractions of seconds in CDframes by default).

My query therefore is simply: can I achieve my goal with Peak, and if so, how?

Regards,
Tommy Sjoberg
Folkmusikens hus
Rattvik, Sweden