Christian, If you're not tied to libxml, xslt 2 offers regex
capability and makes grouping much easer, if I've heard right.
I've pretty much given up on libxml support for xslt 2. No idea why
development has stalled.

-Brian

On March 19, at 2:13 PM, Christian Dupont wrote:

> I'd be curious to know how many institutions are currently using
> XSLT 2.0 for writing their EAD transform stylesheets, or are
> thinking about moving to the 2.0 standard.
>
> If you have made the move or are contemplating it, what do you see
> as the chief reasons or benefits for doing so? Are there specific
> types of transformations that you find easier or previously
> impossible under the 1.0 standard?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Christian

> Christian Dupont
> Aeon Program Director
> Atlas Systems - a company promoting library excellence through
> efficiency
> phone: 757-467-7872 x215     fax: 757-467-7875     mobile:
> 434-242-6096
> http://www.atlas-sys.com/
>
> Registration for the  2010 ILLiad International Conference:
> Exploring Trends in Resource Sharing is now open.  Pre-Conference is
> March 24 and the Conference runs March 25 and 26.  The conference is
> open to everyone with an interest in Resource Sharing.  Learn more
> at https://www.atlas-sys.com/conference/
>
> Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is intended
> only for the named recipient(s) above and may contain confidential
> information.  If you have received this message in error, or are not
> the named recipient(s), please immediately notify the sender and
> delete this e-mail message from your computer without making any
> copies or distributing it to any other person.  Thank you.

Brian Sheppard
University of Wisconsin Digital Collections Center
[log in to unmask]    (608) 262-3349