From: Encoded Archival Description List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Justin Lee Tyler
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2010 7:13 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: separate finding aids for single collection

Hi all. I've been asked to make two (or more) separate finding aids for
a single collection which is split into two (or more) locations (and by
location, I mean different floors in the same building.)

In other word, Stanton family papers might have two finding aids. One
for the first half which is on level A, and one for the second half
which is on level B... and so forth.

1) Is this common?
and
2) What would be the pros and cons of doing this?
and
3) Any additional thoughts?

Let me know if I'm not being clear. :)

Thanks,
Justin

-----
Justin Lee Tyler
Cataloger / Special Collections and GovDocs
Bibliographic Division
Detroit Public Library