Hi Michele,

We use it for both microfilm surrogates, and fully digitized collections.

From our template:

<altformavail id="a17" encodinganalog="530">

<head>Alternative Forms Available</head>

</altformavail>

In the htm display, the field is displayed in the How to Use this Collection tab per this example:

How to Use the Collection

Restrictions on Use

The Mabel Alvarez papers are owned by the Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution. Literary rights as possessed by the donor have been dedicated to public use for research, study, and scholarship. The collection is subject to all copyright laws.

The collection is open for research. Use of microfilmed material requires an appointment and is limited to the Washington, D.C. research facility.

Available Formats

The collection is available on 35mm microfilm reels 5672-5675 at Archives of American Art offices, and through interlibrary loan.

How to Cite this Collection

Mabel Alvarez papers, 1898-1987. Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution.

In the PDF display it looks more like the "cookbook" display:

Administrative Information

Provenance

The Mabel Alvarez papers were donated to the Archives of American Art in 1988 by Glenn Basset, art dealer and friend of Mabel Alvarez.

Alternative Forms Available

The collection is available on 35mm microfilm reels 5672-5675 at Archives of American Art offices, and through interlibrary loan.

Processing Information

The collection was originally processed by Olivia Evens in 1991. A finding aid and reel/box inventory was completed by Rosa M. Fernandez in September 2000.

Preferred Citation

Mabel Alvarez papers, 1898-1987. Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution.

Restrictions on Access

The collection is open for research. Use of microfilmed material requires an appointment and is limited to the Washington, D.C. research facility.

Ownership and Literary Rights

The Mabel Alvarez papers are owned by the Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution.

Literary rights as possessed by the donor have been dedicated to public use for research, study, and scholarship. The collection is subject to all copyright laws.

Any Related Materials Note and/or Separated Materials Note would follow the Provenance Note.

Barbara D. Aikens

Chief, Collections Processing

Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution

Ph: 202-633-7941

email:  [log in to unmask]

Mailing Address

Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution

PO Box 37012

Victor Bldg., Suite 2200, MRC 937

Washington, DC  20013-7012