Dear Leslie,

I don’t have your email address; could you respond off-list?  I am interested in your CLIR processing/EAD project.  I have received internal SI funding for a large MLP project here at AAA which will result in EAD finding aids.  We have not yet adopted AT here at AAA – we’ve been Cookbook EAD implementers since 1999 – but other SI units have or are in the process of adopting AT.   AAA has plans to adopt AT for EAD creation in the spirit of collaboration, with the hope that this will eventually lead to an SI-wide EAD consortia.   All of that aside, I am really interested in the # of linear feet you hope to process over the 27 month project, and the # of staff/persons devoted to processing.

Best,

Barbara D. Aikens

Chief, Collections Processing

Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution

Ph: 202-633-7941

email:  [log in to unmask]

Mailing Address

Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution

PO Box 37012

Victor Bldg., Suite 2200, MRC 937

Washington, DC  20013-7012