I’m pleased to announce the release of a new report from OCLC Research and the RLG Partnership:

Over, Under, Around, and Through: Getting Around Barriers to EAD Implementation

This report (.pdf) frames obstacles that archivists have experienced adopting Encoded Archival Description. It also suggests pathways to help you get out of the ruts, around the roadblocks, and on the road to success. The objective of the report is to communicate EAD’s value as a key element of successful archival information systems and help you overcome potential barriers to its implementation. This work is an output of the Barriers to Using EAD project undertaken by OCLC Research and the RLG Partnership.

If you are a member of the RLG Partnership, we will be holding a webinar on Thursday March 4th from 4-5 EST. Please contact me off list for details. I’ll pass along a link to the webinar for general consumption after the fact.

Best,

Merrilee

Merrilee Proffitt, Senior Program Officer

OCLC Research

777 Mariners Island Blvd Suite 550

Mountain View, CA 94404 USA

+1-650-287-2136