Update!  Please send completed applications to [log in to unmask].

The FLICC Human Resources Working Group is pleased to announce that it is developing a mentoring and coaching program.  Its aim is to assist aspiring federal information professionals or aid current federal information professionals increase their career standing and expand their knowledge within the federal sector.

The first phase of this program is to develop a cadre of federal librarians, both current and retired, with many years of experience and skills in librarianship and information management combined with a great deal of professional knowledge and wisdom.  (The second phase of identifying potential participants interested in working with mentors and coaches will begin later this year.  Information for that initiative will be announced this summer.)

The FLICC Human Resources Working Group is inviting all seasoned federal librarians to volunteer to become a Mentor, Coach or both.  Volunteers can be

Mentors - if you wish to share your professional wisdom and experience, and advice to give to librarians trying to grow in their career, or

Coaches - if you wish to teach others specific skills related to federal librarian competencies.

Whether you decide to volunteer as one or both of these is up to you!  This is a chance for you to give something to our particular area of the profession - the federal sector and depends on your understanding of your strengths and your willingness to share them.  Our work can make an important difference both for individuals and for the profession as a whole.  We encourage you to become a part of this program.

To volunteer, please complete the attached Mentor/CoachApplication and email it to [log in to unmask].  Once we have developed a database of committed professionals, we will be recruiting individuals and matching interests and fields of study.

If you have questions about the program, please email [log in to unmask].