Please excuse cross-posts.
I am not the hiring authority, but would love to see a well-qualified librarian in this spot.
DEPARTMENT OF THE
This position is covered by the National Security Personnel System. For more
information on NSPS, please visit the website at
· All Federal employees serving on a career or career-conditional appointment.
· Reinstatement eligibles.
· NAF/AAFES Interchange Agreement eligibles.
· Applicants eligible under Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998 (VEOA)
· Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) eligibles.
· Military spouses
eligible under EO 13473.
EXPERIENCE: Candidates for this position must identify in their resume that
they possess one year of specialized experience and training that provide 1.
Knowledge and ability to serve as the Technical Information Officer
responsible for the planning, direction, and execution of all facets of an
organization, such the Center of Military History’s historical resource
branch and Information program operations, including formulation of policy,
planning, budgeting, and program development of long-range and short-range
goals and objectives. 2. Knowledge and ability to direct and supervise the
work of the Historical Resources Branch and Website Activities Branch or
similar organizations in the collection and organization of electronic
documents from Army contingency operations, to include, but not limited to
the acquisition and transcription of oral historical material and important
documentation from deployed Army forces. 3. Knowledge and ability to serve as
records manager for all data maintenance within the Historical Resources
Branch and Website activity or similar activities. 4. Knowledge and ability
to manage complex digitization or other electronic based programs and
contracts, such as the CMH Automation/Digitization program, and formulate
plans and policies for such an endeavor. 5. Knowledge and ability to serve as
a manager and supervisor of the Chief for CMH Website Activity or similar
activity. 6. Knowledge and ability to serve as a manager and supervisor of a
subject matter specialized reference library.
· Resumes will be evaluated to ensure your experience, knowledge, skills, training and/or education meet the qualifications requirements stated in this vacancy announcement.
· Your pay will be set within the range specified in this vacancy announcement and will be based on your qualification, education, experience, training, and availability of funds.
· Time-in-grade restrictions do not apply to NSPS positions.
· PB 2/3 Positions- Applicants must have one year of specialized experience at the next lower pay band or equivalent under the General Schedule (GS) or other pay systems.
· Quality of
experience relates to how closely or to what extent an applicant's background
and recency of experience, education, and training are relevant to the duties
and responsibilities of the announced position. Candidates must have the
knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies to successfully perform the
work of the position at the appropriate level.
· To successfully claim veteran's preference, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
· The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants. The DoD policy is available on http://www.cpms.osd.mil/ASSETS/E8AB932EA1E44617BAC7222922E42A62/DoDI140025-V300.pdf
· Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
· In accordance with section 9902(h) of title 5, United States Code, annuitants reemployed in the Department of Defense shall receive full annuity and salary upon appointment. They shall not be eligible for retirement contributions, participation in the Thrift Savings Plan, or a supplemental or redetermined annuity for the reemployment period. Discontinued service retirement annuitants (i.e., retired under section 8336(d)(1) or 8414(b)(1)(A) of title 5, United States Code) appointed to the Department of Defense may elect to be subject to retirement provisions of the new appointment as appropriate. (See DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives.)
· Payment of
Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a
determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
· Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance.
· Must comply with Drug Abuse Testing Program requirements.
· You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
· One-year supervisory probationary period required.
· Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
· Direct Deposit of
Pay is Required.
· Resumes must be received by the closing date of this announcement.
· Self-nomination must be submitted by the closing date.
· Resume must be on file in our centralized database.
· Announcements close at 12:00am (midnight) Eastern Time.
Point of Contact: Central Resume Processing Center, 410-306-0137, [log in to unmask]
Carrie Sullivan, M.L.S.
US Army Center of Military History
(202) 685-4114 (DSN 325)
Fax: (202) 685-4593