Yesterday (March 17) OCLC issued information about a transition of third-party content currently available through FirstSearch and NetLibray to EbscoHost, and some FirstSearch databases to H.W.Wilson.

If your access to FirstSearch and/or NetLibrary has been purchased via a FEDLINK contract, please be aware that some statements made in their communication about your options currently have no standing in any contract we have with OCLC, Ebsco or H.W. Wilson.

Please do not give any instructions to OCLC about any preferences for the options they have outlined.

We are reviewing all options and will work with the parties involved, including our federal members, as expeditiously as possible.  We will communicate fully what your options are once they have been determined and  have a sound legal basis in the appropriate federal contracts.

We regret any inconvenience the communications process may cause.  We are confident that you will continue to have access to information you have already purchased, and that you will have good options for future purchases and future access.

Please contact [log in to unmask] or Holly Kerwin at 202-707-4854 if you have any questions or concerns.

Lynn McDonald
FLICC/FEDLINK
Library of Congress
Washington DC 20540-4935