From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Adam L. Schiff [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2010 1:32 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] series with character names

No reason you are required to make a series record or provide the
series
as an access point.  Just record it as an untraced series and be done
with
it.  If someone else wants to do a series record, they can do that.

490 0  An Hercule Poirot mystery

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Adam L. Schiff
Principal Cataloger
University of Washington Libraries
Box 352900
Seattle, WA 98195-2900
(206) 543-8409
(206) 685-8782 fax
http://faculty.washington.edu/~aschiff
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Thu,
wrote:

> Is there a rule regarding phrases like
>

>      An Hercule Poirot mystery
>

> It seems like a lot of work to make series records for not a lot of return, especially when there are character
> headings available.
>

> --
>
> John Lavalie
>
> IAhCCS

--------
Opinions expressed are those of the sender and not of the Mount
Prospect Public Library