PCC members,

The Policy Committee members spent the majority of last November’s meeting discussing what should be included in a new Strategic Directions document that succeeds the 2006-2010 version.  A subgroup of three of us was then formed to produce a new set of Strategic Directions that you now see posted at
 http://www.loc.gov/catdir/pcc/stratdir-2010.pdf .  The effort to develop these also led to a revision of the PCC’s mission statement and values statement, as well as a new vision statement.  We invite your thoughts and comments on these.

The next step in the process will be developing clear and implementable action items to be associated with each of the strategic directions.  The Standing Committees on Automation, Standards, and Training have been charged to develop these. The BIBCO and CONSER Coordinators will work with the standing committees to develop these as well as map current activities to the strategic directions. If you have ideas for action items you think the PCC should pursue, please bring them to our attention by April 12.  The PCC Policy Committee will be responsible for what is ultimately included.

At the Policy Committee meeting each year, a regular feature will be reviewing the progress on that year’s action items, refreshing the strategic directions with new action items for the upcoming year, and making revisions to the strategic directions as warranted.

On behalf of the Policy Committee, we thank you for your contributions
to the PCC and invite you to help shape its future direction..

Magda El-Sherbini
John Riemer
Dianne McCutcheon

--