Thanks for going through these, Ben.  I think your correction of the
Persian script for Tehran in the 2.3 260 example is correct.  The only
problem I see is that the Arabic for Lebanon in the 2.5.2.2. example is
still scrambled and should be لبنان (if that comes through on e-mail
correctly!).

On the Persian example in 3.1.1.:

1. Yes, I think the letter zayin is missing.  Also, the two instances of
-i should be lower-case in the romanization, and I don't think it should
be followed by a comma in either romanization or original script (we
don't put a comma in "translated by, Robert Rendall" in English).

2. I think the specific point of this example is that the Persian ending
represented by -i in romanization gets turned into a final alif on the
preceding word by the macro, which the cataloger then has to delete
because this ending is not actually written at all in Persian script.
But I would want Nora to confirm that.

Robert.