Great, thanks Keiko.

Peter

From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Suzuki, Keiko
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2010 7:33 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCTG1] Clarification on Korean spacing practice

Dear all,

I added a paragraph (see below) to reflect LC practice, which Dave confirmed with their Korean catalogers, in 3.2.2 in the google doc. I hope this clarify the issue. Still, please feel free to edit it if it could be clearer. Thank you.

- Keiko

3.2.2. Input spaces between lexical units in nonroman [non-Latin] fields that consist solely of Korean hangul, or hangul and ideographs, or any ideographs that are romanized as Korean language words not only descriptive fields and notes, but also headings, so that the nonroman [non-Latin] data mirrors the spacing in the parallel romanized fields (which are romanized according to the guidelines in the ALA-LC Romanization Tables). Do not input spaces between characters in nonroman [non-Latin] data that are in Japanese or Chinese scripts representing Japanese or Chinese words.