At 12:09 PM 2010-04-29, David Glasser wrote:
>I can answer some of the questions raised about Plangent, the need
>for specialized replay electronics and heads, and the machine at my
>company, Airshow:

snip

>I've been involved in audio restoration for many years, but am new to
>the ARSCLIST, so I apologize if this post is inappropriate. We are
>very excited to be associated with Plangent, and I invite anyone who
>is interested in this technology to contact me directly, or contact
>Jamie at Plangent.

Hi, David,

Thank you for the post. It is most informative to hear from someone
using this. I have been a major proponent of "front-ending" for
current or future Plangent Processes processing, but, at the moment,
my client base probably would not support the high-end front-end that
you have.

I understand your excitement and I would be excited too if I was doing this.

I think a bit of the negativity might have occurred based on the
original posting by a new member of ARSC list whose website lists
your firm as one of her PR clients. You and I have been on the same
lists since I got involved with this insanity <smile>...I think your
involvement pre-dated mine. I have messages in my archive from you
going back to Feb 2002, both personal and list-based. I see posts
from you on the Ampex and Studer lists when they were at their prime,
and a long history on ProAudio.

So, welcome to ARSC List and thanks for the posting.

Do you have any comments about why the 432 kHz bias of the ATR-100
(and presumably the 400 kHz bias of the Sony APR 5000) is not
recoverable? I would have thought at these wavelengths the head might
act like the old chisel-pointed steel tape recorder heads instead of
a ring head.

Cheers,

Richard