Back when I was working in the States on the civil rights oral histories I
would use the transcript and table of contents as a way of dropping in
markers and naming them (like the table of contents) when I would make the
listener copies of wav and mp3's in wavelab.  It worked very well and meant
that the researcher could go straight to eg. page 66 of the transcript and
audio.

From memory I did this in the montage part of wavelab.

Cheers
Marie