While at the recent Society for American Music conference I ran into a
professor who is looking for information on the "Oriental Record Co.", a label
that was distributed by a San Francisco theater troupe in the mid-to-late 1920s.
She has a good deal of information about the theater including their ads selling
the records, and wants to find out where they were recorded and who manufactured
them.

Anyone know anything about this label? There seem to have been a lot of
issues, all numbered in a 5000-series. There were several label types, viewable
on the web at http://www.bh2000.net/special/patzak/detail.php?id=2847 (and
probably other places as well).

If you have any information on this label let me know and I'll put you in
touch with her.

Tim