A couple look like they could be Brunswick pressings, but Ross Laird's
Brunswick book shows Chinese material from the West Coast & in China
issued in Brunswick's 49000 & 51000 series from 1929-31.    Do any
pressings show matrix numbers?

ds

Tim Brooks <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
04/11/2010 09:22 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
[ARSCLIST] Oriental Record Co.

While at the recent Society for American Music conference I ran into a
professor who is looking for information on the "Oriental Record Co.", a
label
that was distributed by a San Francisco theater troupe in the mid-to-late
1920s.
She has a good deal of information about the theater including their ads
selling
the records, and wants to find out where they were recorded and who
manufactured
them.

Anyone know anything about this label? There seem to have been a lot of
issues, all numbered in a 5000-series. There were several label types,
viewable
on the web at http://www.bh2000.net/special/patzak/detail.php?id=2847 (and

probably other places as well).

If you have any information on this label let me know and I'll put you in
touch with her.

Tim