At 05:24 AM 2010-04-15, Ishumael Zinyengere wrote:
>Dear All,
>
>Thanks very much for the all of the feedback. Here's a bit more
>information about the original material, and what we're trying to do with it.
>In order to make this material accessible to the public, it needs to
>be redacted. The primary reason for redacting the material is to
>protect the witnesses who have agreed to testify under the condition
>that their identity remains undisclosed to the public. This is
>crucial, because revealing the identity of a protected witness could
>potentially put him or her in a life-threatening situation.

Hello, Ishumael,

Sorry I misunderstood your original post.

I think, honestly, Lou Judson has the right idea. There are vocoders
and other effects in many digital audio workstation programs that can
really change the sound of a voice. While pitch can be changed, it
can be changed without affecting timing (and vice-versa). If you'd
like to send me a short clip, I could send you a couple of effects
out of Samplifude that I never use, but now I know why they are there <smile>.

Yes, it's a difficult problem, and I admire you and your team for
making this material available. The situation in Rwanda was one of
the worst that I can recall during my lifetime.

You can email a clip up to 20 MB encoded to
mailto:[log in to unmask] or 10 MB encoded to
mailto:[log in to unmask] Send a voice that doesn't NEED to be
distorted, but would be similar to one that would need it, please. I
don't want to be responsible for someone's safety.

Regards,

Richard