Hello, Ishumael,

If I understand your question correctly, there was once a WAV file
that was then encoded as an MP3 and the WAV file went away and now
you wish to reconstruct it from the MP3. Is this a quick assessment
of what you wish to do?

If it is, I'm afraid that the MP3 coding process throws away
"inaudible" information or "barely audible" information, and I doubt
there is any way of getting that back.

When you speak of "distortion" if that existed in the original, there
are some "de-clip" algorithms that are marginally successful if the
wind is blowing from the right direction in slightly removing some
forms of clipping, but, all-in-all, the experience I've had with
these have barely been worth the effort.

It would be best to somehow re-generate the original WAV files,
preferably at 48 ks/s 24 bits for voice or 96 ks/s 24 bits for music.

Sorry.

Richard