At 11:02 PM 2010-04-03, you wrote:

> > When you speak of "distortion" if that existed in the original,
> there are some "de-clip" algorithms that are marginally successful
> if the wind is blowing from the right direction in slightly
> removing some forms of clipping, but, all-in-all, the experience
> I've had with these have barely been worth the effort.
>
>Which programs have you been using for this. I've used Izotope RX,
>and have had dramatic results in some cases, restoring the audio
>enough to air on a weekly public radio music program that I produce.

Hi, David,

I have moslty used Samplitude and, while I have had some dramatic
effects, most of the time it's been less than I hoped for. I think it
depends on where the clipping occurred. It is much better with
digital clipping in the original than analog clipping/tape overload
(which is most of what I do).

I should try Izotope again. That's a good recommendation for it.

Cheers,

Richard

P.S. THANKS Mr. Huu!!!!