Really? This is the first I've heard of this. Even though India is in
the part of the world where the lac beetle lives, and thus closer to the
source of shellac, I've never heard of a pressing plant, in India or
anywhere else for that matter, still set up to make the biscuits to
actually press shellac 78s. Not to mention having an actual working
water heated press.
I've asked before on other lists whether a portable, one-off press was
used in pressing plant audio labs c. 1935-40 for making single test
pressings, possibly for cutter, stylus or new shellac formulation tests.
I've never gotten an answer, but it seems likely that someone must have
produced one.
Hmmm, I think I'll go for a troll through the Audio Record magazine
archive today. Maybe I'll spot one there.
Here's the URL, just in case you may have missed the first posting here:
http://www.archive.org/details/audiorecord4552newyrich
Malcolm

*******