I tried real hard to find hotel accomodation in New Orleans - unsuccessful!
Looking for a room mate brought no replies either.
At last I THINK I have a single room reservation at the French Quarter
Holiday Inn from 18 to 22 May. I spent a small fortune calling them
several times long distance overseas. The lady at reservations there is
friendly but somewhat incompetent. She promised to confirm the booking
to <[log in to unmask]>, but never did!
My return flight would be on May 24, but the FQ Holiday Inn were unable
to confirm the extra two nights at the ARSC group rate. The full rate
would be prohibitive.  I contacted Brenda who kindly promised to help
(last time on 24 March). Her answer pending I had not booked the
alternative at Creole Inn New Orleans. Just returned to their site -
Meanwhile the Creole Inn is also fully booked.
And even worse - since I had no hotel accomodation I did not dare to
confirm the flight. Thus, even if I succeeded to get hotel accomodation
now I would have to fight for a reasonably priced air ticket. (There are
no direct flight to New Orleans from here, so I would have to fly to
some other hub, and two stopovers, which will make it a 20 hour plus
journey,)
What a pity. I had not been to New Orleans for many years and would have
loved to return, especially since this year's conference agenda appeals
to me as a blues and jazz fan...
Rainer

--
Dr. Rainer E. Lotz