I do not travle,uch, and the last time I went to a confernec ewas New
York in 1999. But I found in the internet a bed and breakfast in a
nice home for less than half the cost of a hotel room. Sure, it was
in Harlem and cabbies were reluctant but it was very nice and
comfortable - and the family was a music family so I came home to jam
sessions once or twice...

My point is you can search for bed and breakfast places, and skip the
corporate hotel gouge. Just a sggestion!

Lou