Roger Kulp wrote:
> I bought the Cliff Richard when it came out in 1998.I bought it new for $50.00.

WHY??

> It has been spotted selling on eBay for $150.00 and up.

Triple why Why WHY???  It's just Sir Cliffie-poo!

> http://www.cool78s.com/Cool_200602.html  both songs can be heard on YouTube.

Do I have to??

OK, I'll at least look at it.  Those labels are really something.  If
they were the labels that EMI would actually affix to privately made
lacquers (not acetates) at the HMV Shop on Oxford St. they had one hell
of a nerve.  "Copyright Patented Record not to be publicly performed
without license, copied, or re-recorded."  It was not EMI's recording,
it was the performers' recording.  And they had the right to do anything
with it that they wanted.  I guess this is where Sir Cliffie-Poo got his
start at being such a copyright cretin.  I womder where the 50 year
copyright clock starts -- 1958 or 1998?  I wonder if they paid their
royalties to the song writers?

> I would like to know more about the Elgar one myself.
>
> Roger

THIS one might be worthwhile.

Mike Biel  [log in to unmask]