Peter Charuza wrote:
> There is a lot spoke about the recording medium and detials. I was looking
> into what type of microphone was used for this Robert Johnson session. My
> guess is most likely a Carbon Type Microphone, rather than a moving coil but
> honestly this is just a guess. Does anyone know the specifics?
>

>  Thanks,
> Peter Charuza

Nobody was using carbon microphones by that time.  Not only did they
sound lousy, they were more trouble than they were worth because they
required a power supply.  If you were going to use a mic that needed
power, you might as well use a condenser!  They would more likely to
have used a dynamic (moving coil) because for portable use they were
sturdier than a ribbon.

Mike Biel  [log in to unmask]