In a message dated 4/10/2010 2:14:23 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

"That is  why he (Edison) had such a huge library.  I am sure he knew about
 Scott, and I suspect he knew about Cros.  The evidence might still  be in
his library, not in his lab notes."
Edison may well have known something about Scott (whose work was already in
 translation by 1863, Ganot), and maybe even Young (1807), but how could he
 know about Cros (whose La Semaine du Clerge first occurred on Oct  10th,
1877 and whose sealed packet was opened on Dec 3, 1877)? TAE's  essential
observation occurred on July 18th of that year.

Allen