From: "Don Cox" <[log in to unmask]>
> On 10/04/2010, Steven C. Barr wrote:
>> What is needed is a ACD...a classical-based equivalent to the
>> familiiar ADBD!!
>> Currently, there is NO discography covering the classical-music
>> recordings of 19??-1943...I discovered this when attempting to include
>> classical discs in my Dating Guide...?
> I thought The world's encyclopaedia of recorded music did this?
> I don't have a copy, so I may be wrong.

I also don't own a copy of WERM; as well neither does my local public
library (the only reason they own ANY discographic volumes is because
some years ago one of their librarians was a noted collector of blues
78's and copies thereof...!). I'm not entirely sure how this suggested
"complete" discography of classical-music records c/w/should be
arranged; however, note that almost all of the classical recordings
were made by labels for which the "ledgers" still exist!

Any thoughts, folkses?!

Steven C. Barr