From: "Tom Fine" <[log in to unmask]>
> That's an interesting site. But how do you get it to correctly load
> information into MP3 tag fields? That's the point of my complaint -- that
> the existing load-in databases (Gracenote and freedb) are so sloppy and
> inconsistent with info for classical albums that they almost always
> require manual corrections. Another listmember pinged me off-list to ask
> if I had found anything to catalog my classical CD's, and I told him no
> because I just don't have the time to correct the data for every CD. With
> the jazz CD's, it was a 50+% rate of _something_ needing manual correction
> in order to have consistency. This was very time-consuming. With
> classical, I can only imagine the time-sucking vortex involved. So I just
> keep them organized on the shelf and sometimes surprise myself with "oh I
> didn't realize I already owned that disc" moments."

Currently, Toronto's largest group of "dollar stores"...Dollarama...offers
MANY
classical CD's for $1 per each; I have no idea whether these are "cutouts"
or
have been otherwise acquired for very low wholesale prices (allowing them
to be retailed for $1 at a profit!). This is an example of why a classical-
record discography might be very useful...?!

Steven C. Barr