As I've probably said before, but just in case I didn't, I bought that "expensive" stuff more than five years ago have definitely found it to clean and quiet my recordings.  My spray bottle is still 3/4 full after all this time, so prorated, it's been cheap for me.  My major expense has been the distilled water that I have to keep replacing.

Rod Stephens