I know there has been some discussion related to this about making EAD
available as part of the discovery layer, but I'm interested in
getting a sense of which institutions are using Solr [0] to index EAD.
At this point, I'm more interested in discussing the different
indexing strategies from a technical standpoint rather than focusing
too much on the discovery layer. For what it's worth, this discussion
began [1] when some folks were talking about incorporating EAD into a
Solr index to be used by Blacklight [2], an open source discovery
layer.

If your institution is using Solr to index EAD, can you briefly
describe your indexing process? I would be interested in coordinating
future work, or potentially developing a set of recommendations/best
practices to share with the community.

[0] http://lucene.apache.org/solr
[1] http://groups.google.com/group/blacklight-development/browse_thread/thread/848bae32b11a8501
[2] http://projectblacklight.org/

Mark A. Matienzo
Digital Archivist, Manuscripts and Archives
Yale University Library