Thanks Michele!

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 12:06 PM, Michele R Combs <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Here:

ftp://jefferson.village.virginia.edu/submissions/dvp4c/eadv1/

N.B. It doesn’t open like a normal XML doc in the browser for some reason, so if you just click on it you’ll think there’s something wrong with it.  If save it locally and then open it, though, it looks fine.  The readme has more info.

Michele

From: Encoded Archival Description List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Nathan Tallman
Sent: Friday, April 02, 2010 11:05 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Converting 1.0 to 2002

Greetings list members,

I'm working on converting some EAD 1.0 files to EAD 2002 using Berkeley's Eadv1to2002.  None of the 1.0 files contains a DOCTYPE declaration causing validation errors.  I'd like to validate the 1.0 files to the 1.0 DTD, to be sure I'm starting out with well formed XML file, but cannot locate the EAD 1.0 DTD online to do this.  Does anyone know where I might find the superseded DTD?

Thanks!

Nathan Tallman

American Jewish Archives