From: Encoded Archival Description List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Custer, Mark
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2010 11:07 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: EAD website redesign at East Carolina University

East Carolina University is pleased to announce that our EAD-driven website for Special Collections and University Archives has been completely redesigned:

http://digital.lib.ecu.edu/special/ead/

This redesign provides enhanced integration with our digital collections repository, additional browsing options, and advanced search options that facilitate the construction of complex queries.  Just how complex, you might reasonably wonder?  Well, here's an example, http://bit.ly/cRY2Bs, which performs a search for the word "outdoor" within 3 words of "theat??" anywhere in the document, as long as that document has a Library of Congress Subject Heading applied to it that contains the word "arts" (and, to think, if we didn't apply that last condition, our retrieval set would triple in size!).

Any suggestions and comments are welcome.  Feedback can also be provided via the Kampyle feedback form, which is accessible from any page of the website by clicking on the orange image in the lower right-hand corner.

Mark Custer
Markup and Text Coordinator
Joyner Library
Digital Collections