Hi Mark,

I've used Solr for several different applications of EAD, from traditional
finding aids to metadata that is intensive and focused at the item level,
such as describing museum artifacts, like coins.  I think the blacklight
approach to displaying EAD with the application called "Raven" is far
different than indexing an entire guide as a Solr document, and I'm not
entirely convinced their method is scalable to a collection of thousands or
tens of thousands of EAD files.

To address Lisa's statement about reviewing XTF vs. Solr, I'm not sure you
can compare the two that way.  Solr isn't a mechanism for viewing EAD,
though I think that the indexing of data into Solr gives one much more
flexibility to develop a robust framework for searching/browsing documents
than what Lucene in XTF allows.

Ethan Gruber