Creighton,

We do <c>.  Archivist Toolkit’s default output is <c>, not numbered components (although there is an option).

The main problem for me is not technological at all—it’s really hard for a human being to read the code if you don’t have cues like <c01>, <c02>, etc.  Otherwise, it works fine.  When our tech guy was creating our stylesheet, I asked him if having non-numbered components was an issue, and he said that it was not.  I believe, like you indicate, he just wrote the XSLT with the level attributes to differentiate.

Best,

Jordon

Jordon Steele

Archivist