Forwarded on behalf of Tatiana Barr:
(With apologies for cross-posting)
Seeking Proposals for Presentations at the ALCTS CCS Copy Cataloging Interest Group at ALA Annual
Saturday, June 26, 2010, 10:30-12:00 p.m., Hilton Washington—Columbia 7
We invite you to submit a proposal for a presentation and discussion for the ALCTS CCS Copy Cataloging Interest Group at the upcoming ALA Meeting in Washington D.C. The presentation should be about 15-20 minutes long. Topics can cover any aspects of copy cataloging in all types of libraries. Some topics of interest to the group are below. If you would like to propose another topic, let us know that, too. Please submit an abstract or outline of your proposal. Our contact information is below.
* Copy cataloging for special collections.
* Training and preparing copy catalogers for FRBR and RDA, FRBR being here already and RDA on its way.
* Copy cataloging for special formats, such as electronic resources.
* Copy cataloging and vendor records.
* Parallel records and other related issues.
* The effects the current economic crisis in libraries has on copy cataloging and how are you coping?
* Copy catalogers and the next generation catalog. Training copy catalogers about searching for resources on a next generation catalog as compared to the traditional catalog. What do they need to know about yours?
* Core competencies for copy catalogers of the future.
* Cooperative cataloging ventures.
Topics covered in recent meetings have included:
* Experiences and issues related to OCLC WorldCat Local.
* The PCC Provider-Neutral E-Monograph Record Standard.
* Integrating vendor copy cataloging into your library catalog.
* Implications of the Library of Congress Study of the North American MARC Records Marketplace.
cataloging of maps
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Tatiana Barr, Chair
Catalog Librarian/Copy Cataloging Team Leader
Yale University Library
Sterling Memorial Library
New Haven, Conn. 06408-8240
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Meg Mering, Vice-Chair/Elect
Principal Catalog and Metadata Librarian
University of Nebraska-Lincoln Libraries
322E Love Library
Lincoln NE 68588-4100
mailto:[log in to unmask]
Catalog & Metadata Services Operations Management Librarian
Sterling Memorial Library, Yale University