Recorded 03/24/43 in Los Angeles, commencing @ 1:30AM (the time's announced
during the sign-off) this show has Jim Crow humor and terrific music. The
cast includes Benny Carter's Orch., Ernest Whitman, Mantan Moreland, the Lou
Mel Morgan Trio, Hattie McDaniel, &  The Charioteers. There's a long tour de
force swing-spiritual-choral-band medley that includes: Blues In The Night,
I Can't Get Started,  Me and Brother Bill Went Huntin'; & Jericho.  There's
also a hot orchestral piece called Blueberry Hill Fish Fry.  I transferred &
then stupidly traded  it about 40 years ago from a (slightly noisy, wide
bandwidth),16" 33.33  two sided plastic pressing (with two tone blue CBS
labels).  At the conclusion future guests are announced, including Louis
Armstrong, Lena Horn & others.

Do any of you know if this particular show and or proposed series was aired
by CBS or possibly syndicated?

"Jubilee" on AFRS was very similar & also featured Carter's orchestra.  But
the cast's not all black.  The host was Paul Douglas, not Ernest Whitman.

Shiffy