Two things I can think of. First, try another machine. The da-20 doesn't
last long and you might have run enough tapes on the machine to need to
replace the drum. Playing on another machine will tell you if the
problem is in the cassette or the deck. Eddie Cileti recommended the
Sony 500. Second, your transport might have accumulated dirt and so
needs a cleaning. A cleaning cassette wont do the trick because you
might have loose magnetic particles or other gunk that came from the
tapes. Is there a reliable service person in your area that can check
the head condition?
shai