The Library of Congress now has Tony Schwartz's archive, and he did a
lot of "field" recordings in his NYC neighborhood, and traded tapes
worldwide.  I don't know if he ever ventured as far as Brooklyn (he had
a phobia which kept him in his postal zone).  There are some LPs of his
street sounds recordings on Folkways (findable in GOOD sound archives or
available from Smithsonian Folkways.)

Mike Biel  [log in to unmask]