One needn't wait to get to New Orleans to listen to WWOZ, they stream
from their site http://www.wwoz.org/ (at a decent 128k) and they have
an iPhone app, which means one can listen "live" walking or driving
around anywhere one has cell service.

However, I actually have a preference for offBeat magazines listings,
as I just find their table layout easier to look through at a glance, http://www.offbeat.com/club-events/
  but whatever works for you!

Arthur Gaer