Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that my new book on the Jazz Man Record Shop is now completed and ready to be ordered. Just go to this link.

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/hot-jazz-for-sale-hollywoods-jazz-man-record-shop/10674101?productTrackingContext=search_results/search_shelf/center/1

There is room in the back of the book for a CD I am preparing on music recorded on the Jazz Man label. A playlist and instructions on how to order are printed on pages 330-331.

I believe that this is the first book ever to be written about the history of a record store. In these times when neighborhood record stores as well as chains are becoming part of history, it's timely to reflect back on those places that had so much influence over our record buying habits. Although I frequented many such stores, the Jazz Man had an especially pronounced influence on me. In this book, I tell the story of the 44-year history of the shop; it's a fascinating narrative, complete with over 150 photos and illustrations and a complete discography that I prepared on the Jazz Man record label (1941-1954).

Cary Ginell