I remember taking the St. Charles streetcar the last time I was in NOLA in 1984, during the World's Fair (say, whatever happened to World's Fairs, anyway?).

Since I'm on a strict budget, and the culinary temptations in NOLA will be paramount, the prospect of walking a few blocks to get to the hotel and save $20-$30 in the process each way dwindles in the mind.

Cary Ginell