Hi Michele,

> Or is the third party harvesting the metadata for the link from the
> EAD, but then linking to the HTML version?  ArchiveGrid does this
> (harvests from EAD but links to HTML); in that case, we provided them
> with our root URL and their automated process generates the link by
> concatenating the root URL with the file name.  Is this a possibility
> with your third party?

Yes, of course, that is exactly the point. The third party can create
this URL (in many different ways because it differs from different
institutions obviously), it will be automatic, but the question is where
do we put this URL at generation time (once more, it 'needs' to be in
the EAD file)?
The institutions themselves do not have to have those links, we would
create them, but in both cases (they have it or we create them) we need
to know in which element/tag we can insert it.

> More information on how the third party intends to harvest this link
> might be helpful.  If they're any kind of web savvy they should not
> expect hard-coded full URLs in your data.

Actually, we are this third party, as stated above we do not need those
hard coded URLs in the original metadata, but we need (want?) to insert
them in the metadata at modification time (yes, it can happen that we
modify some of the data) to use them for us and possibly link back to
the original institution (at the correct level of the correct finding aid).

Actually how would ArchiveGrid do it? Where would they store the URLs
linking to your website?

Thanks again,
Yoann